Maple Jam Thumbprint Cookies
These cookies get their name from the large thumb impression in the center of the cookie. This thumbprint becomes the perfect well to fill with delicious sugar-free jam.
Makes: 24Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1½ cups almond meal
- 1½ cups white rice flour
- ¼ tsp. xanthan gum
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ⅓ cup grapeseed oil
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp. unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ cup sugar-free raspberry jam
- ¼ cup sugar-free apricot jam
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond meal, rice flour, xanthan gum, salt, and cinnamon. Stir to combine. Add the rest of the ingredients except the jam and stir until well combined.
- With wet hands, roll dough into about 1" balls. Place on baking sheets 2" apart and indent the middle of each cookie with your thumb or finger.
- Fill the indent with raspberry or apricot jam (about 1 teaspoon or so per cookie). Bake for 8 minutes and cool 5 minutes before removing from baking sheet and placing on a wire rack.