Maple Oat Bread
Save to My Recipes
Filled with lots of healthy grains and mineral-packed maple syrup, this bread is a great breakfast treat or soup accompaniment.
Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 2 hours 45 minutes
- ¾ cup warm water, heated to 110°F
- 2¼ tsp. instant yeast
- 2 cups white whole-wheat flour
- ½ cup plus 1 Tbsp. rolled oats, divided
- ⅓ cup plus 2 Tbsp. maple syrup, divided
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- In a small bowl, combine water with yeast. Allow it to sit for 5 minutes until it bubbles.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, mix flour, ½ cup oats, ⅓ cup maple syrup, vanilla, butter, salt, and cinnamon. Add the yeast mixture and run the machine on medium low for 5 minutes while the dough kneads.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and cover with a towel. Place bowl in a warm place to rise for 1 hour.
- Remove the dough from the mixing bowl. Spray a 9" × 5" loaf pan with cooking spray and place dough inside. Allow dough to rise for another hour. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a loaf pan.
- Transfer dough to loaf pan, forming a loaf. Top loaf with remaining 2 tablespoons maple syrup and remaining 2 tablespoons oats and bake for 25 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.