Maple Oatmeal Sandwich Cookies
Chewy oatmeal cookies with a creamy maple filling are the perfect treat for school days, weekends or the big game.
Serves: 9Prep: 20 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup butter, softened and divided
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup, divided
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla, divided
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups Old Fashioned Oats
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together ½ cup butter, sugar, ¼ cup maple syrup, egg and 1 teaspoon vanilla until creamy. Stir in flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt to combine. Fold in oats.
- Scoop dough into 18 equal portions, about 1 tablespoon each. Place on baking sheet at least 2” apart. Bake 7-9 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned on the bottom and set on the edges. Allow to cool completely on the pan before moving.
- Meanwhile, beat together powdered sugar with remaining ½ cup butter, 2 tablespoons maple syrup and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Flip half the cookies so the bottom sides are up, spread or pipe frosting in an even layer. Sandwich with remaining cookies. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.