Maple Orange Brussels Sprouts with Basil
The combination of sweet and savory in these Brussels sprouts will make them an instant family favorite.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 Tbsp. orange juice
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- Heat butter and olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat, seasoning with salt and pepper. Add Brussels sprouts cut-side down. Cook undisturbed for 5 minutes.
- Add orange juice and maple syrup to pan and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer 5 minutes or until sauce is thick and glossy.
- Spoon Brussels sprouts into a medium bowl and stir in basil.