These pears, coated with the sweet flavors of maple, ginger, and orange, make a delicious fruit dessert.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 4 hours 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 large pears
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- ⅓ cup maple-flavored pancake syrup
- 1 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 tsp. grated orange zest
- ⅛ tsp. ground ginger
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. orange juice
- Peel pears and place them upright in a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, mix the brown sugar, syrup, butter, zest, and ginger; pour over pears.
- Cover and cook on high for 2–2½ hours or on low for 4 hours, until tender.
- Using a slotted spoon, carefully remove pears from the slow cooker and place upright in a serving dish or individual dessert dishes.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and orange juice together. Stir into sauce in cooker. Cover and cook on high for about 10 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Spoon orange sauce over pears.