Maple Pecan Brie Bites
These make a great appetizer, party snack, or after-school treat. If you prefer, you can substitute walnuts or almonds for the pecans in this recipe. If you are avoiding nuts, try pumpkin seeds!
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 baguette (12 oz.), cut into 24 slices
- 1 wheel or log (8 oz.) brie cheese, cut into 24 pieces
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 tsp. fresh cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay the baguette slices out onto the prepared baking sheet. Top each bread slice with a piece of brie, and then evenly distribute the pecans over each piece. Drizzle the tops of the nuts and cheese with maple syrup and sprinkle with pepper.
- Bake for 8 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbling and the nuts smell toasty. Cool for 2 minutes before serving.