Maple Pecan Waffles
Almond milk adds an extra layer of nuttiness to the flavor of these waffles.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1½ cups cake flour
- 2½ tsp. baking powder
- 3 Tbsp. maple sugar
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ cup ground pecans
- 3 large eggs, separated
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ¾ cup whole milk
- ¾ cup almond milk
- 2 Tbsp. butter, cut into 8 pieces
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 cup pecan halves
- Preheat waffle iron according to manufacturer’s instructions. Triple-sift flour, baking powder, maple sugar, and salt into a large bowl. Add crushed pecans and set aside.
- In a separate bowl combine the egg yolks, melted butter, milk, and almond milk. Whisk together thoroughly.
- In another bowl, whip the egg whites until they are stiff.
- Pour the egg yolk mixture into the flour and stir together briefly. Lumps are okay. Add the stiffened egg whites to this mixture and fold together gently until they are just combined. Cook batter in a waffle iron, following the manufacturer’s instructions. Serve immediately with butter, maple syrup, and pecan halves.