Maple Rice Pudding with Walnuts
This is the absolute best rice pudding recipe out there! It’s a beautiful dish packed with the amazing flavors of maple syrup and vanilla with the added crunch of natural walnuts.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 2 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cups uncooked brown rice
- 7 cups vanilla almond milk
- 1⁄4 cup Sucanat
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. cinnamon, divided
- 2 tsp. nutmeg, divided
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup crushed walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 325°F, and prepare a 9-by-13-inch casserole dish with olive oil spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the rice, almond milk, Sucanat, vanilla, 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon, and 1 teaspoon of the nutmeg. Mix well to combine. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish, drizzle with the maple syrup, and sprinkle the walnuts and remaining cinnamon and nutmeg evenly over the top.
- Bake for 2 hours, stirring occasionally and folding in the walnuts.