These are chewy Snickerdoodles that have big maple flavor. If you can’t find the maple sugar, you can add
Makes: 36 cookiesHands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
Makes: 36 cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- 1½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup vegetable shortening
- 1½ cups sugar, divided
- 3 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup maple sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon; set aside.
- Cream butter, shortening, 1 cup granulated sugar, and maple syrup until light and fluffy. Add egg; beat well. Stir in flour mixture until well blended.
- Mix remaining granulated sugar and maple sugar in a small saucer. Roll dough into balls and then into sugar mixture.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets; bake 8–10 minutes. Cookies should still look slightly underdone.
- Cool on cookie sheets 5 minutes. Remove and cool completely.