Maple Sweet Potato Pie
This pie is excellent when it is still just a little warm.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, baked until fork-tender
- 6 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. packed light brown sugar
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. cloves
- ¼ tsp. allspice
- ¼ tsp. ginger
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 pie shell (9"), unbaked
- Heat the oven to 425°F.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and place the flesh into a large bowl. Add the cream cheese and beat until smooth. Add the eggs, maple syrup, light brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, allspice, ginger, and vanilla and mix until well blended.
- Pour the sweet potato mixture into the pie shell and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, then reduce the heat to 350°F and bake for an additional 30 to 40 minutes, or until the filling is puffed and set at the edges, but a little jiggly in the center. Cool to room temperature before serving.