Maple Vanilla Muffins
The seeds of a vanilla bean add incredibly warm floral notes to these moist muffins. They are so deliciously sweet, they can be frosted and served as cupcakes.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 22 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 Tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 1 1⁄2 cups wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. sea salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. cinnamon
- 2⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Seeds of 1 vanilla bean
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line 1 muffin pan with liners and lightly spray liners with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine applesauce and flaxseed.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Make a well in the center of these dry ingredients and pour in maple syrup, almond milk, butter, vanilla extract, vanilla bean seeds, and the applesauce mixture. Mix everything until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin liners. Bake muffins for 12 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.