Maquereaux Grillés Sauce Moutarde (Mackerel with Mustard Sauce)
Mackerel is a very common fish in Europe, and therefore in France. Here is a recipe for grilled mackerel with a mustard sauce.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 mackerel, cleaned out
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. turmeric
- 4 bay leaves, halved
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup crème fraîche or crema Mexicana
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Clean the mackerels and season inside of the fish with salt and pepper and turmeric. Place half a bay leaf inside each mackerel. Using a pastry brush, cover the fishes with olive oil.
- Preheat your oven to broil, then wrap the mackerels in aluminum foil, on the grill rack. Cook for 5 minutes on each side.
- In a small saucepan, slowly bring the cream to a boil over medium heat. Then reduce the heat to low, and add the butter. Whisk well. When butter and cream are well combined, take the saucepan off the heat, add the Dijon mustard and lemon juice, and stir well.
- Remove bay leaf halves. Serve the grilled mackerel with the mustard sauce on the side.