Marbled Chocolate Sour Cream Cake
This luscious marbled dessert features the best of both worlds, with yellow and chocolate cake swirled together in a beautiful display.
Serves: 10Prep: 10 minutesCook: 40 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup (6 oz.) NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels or NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 4 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 375˚F. Grease 10-cup Bundt or tube pan.
- In medium, microwave-safe bowl, microwave morsels on HIGH 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave in 10 to 15 second intervals, stirring just until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- In large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, sour cream, vegetable oil, water and granulated sugar. Beat on low until moistened, then on high speed 2 minutes.
- In bowl with melted chocolate, mix in 2 cups batter.
- In prepared pan, alternately spoon batters, beginning and ending with yellow cake batter. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in cake comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan 20 minutes; invert onto wire rack to cool completely. Dust with powered sugar, if desired.