Lots of lime, in the forms of juice and zest, make this pie tart and refreshing. For a nonalcoholic pie, replace the tequila with apple cider.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 7 hours 55 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 package unflavored gelatin
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp. grated lime zest
- 1⁄4 cup tequila
- 3 cups nonfat whipped topping, divided
- 1 graham cracker crust (9“)
- 8 very thin lime slices
- 8 sprigs fresh mint
- In a small saucepan, combine gelatin, sugar, and salt and mix well. Add egg substitute, lime juice, and lime zest and mix well with wire whisk. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Cook mixture over medium heat, stirring frequently, until gelatin and sugar dissolve, about 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool for 30 minutes.
- Stir in tequila and chill in refrigerator 1 hour until mixture thickens. Fold half of the whipped topping into tequila mixture, then spoon into crust. Top with the remaining whipped topping. Chill until firm, about 6 hours. Garnish with lime slices and mint just before serving.