This sorbet is not a kid’s dessert; it’s a strong treat for a Cinco de Mayo celebration. Don’t add more alcohol than called for in the recipe—if you do, the sorbet won’t freeze properly.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 4 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 can (12 oz.) frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- 1 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup tequila
- 1⁄4 cup Triple Sec
- 1 Tbsp. coarse salt
- 1 small lime, cut in wedges
- Combine limeade concentrate, water, orange juice, tequila, and Triple Sec in a large pitcher. Refrigerate until cold, about 2 hours.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the ice cream maker instructions. Transfer the sorbet from the ice cream maker to a freezer-safe container and freeze 1 hour.
- Pour salt into a shallow saucer. Rub lime wedges around the edges of 6 margarita glasses, then dip them into the salt. Scoop sorbet into glasses.