Margherita Pizza with Homemade Dough
Ready in minutes, this made-from-scratch pizza is topped with creamy mozzarella and fresh basil. Make it into whatever shape you desire for a fun, family-friendly meal.
Serves: 4Prep: 20 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for kneading
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons fast-acting instant yeast
- 1 cup warm water, 120°F to 130°F
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1⁄4 cup pizza sauce
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, torn into pieces
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, salt and yeast.
- In separate bowl, mix together water and 2 tablespoons oil.
- Pour water mixture into flour mixture; mix until sticky dough forms. Add more flour; knead until smooth dough forms. Let sit 10 minutes.
- Transfer to floured surface; roll into desired shape, about ¼”-½” thickness.
- Transfer to prepared baking sheet. Prick dough with fork to prevent air pockets. Bake 5 to 7 minutes; remove from oven.
- Spread pizza sauce over crust. Top with slices of mozzarella. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Bake 6 to 8 minutes, until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with fresh basil; continue baking 2 to 4 minutes.
- Serve and refrigerate leftovers.