Mariachi Deviled Eggs
These deviled eggs will turn any get together into a fiesta with their bold, Latin-inspired flavor.
Serves: 6Prep: 10 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup queso fresco, crumbled
- 1 6-inch taco seasoning, divided
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 (gallon-sized) plastic bag
- In sauce pan over medium-high heat, cover eggs with water by an inch and bring to a boil. Boil 13 minutes, then move eggs to ice water for 3 minutes to cool. Peel and cut in half lengthwise.
- In medium bowl, place yolks from cooked eggs. Using fork, mix yolks, mayonnaise, queso fresco, sour cream and ½ teaspoon taco seasoning.
- Fill bag with mixture. Snip off corner of bag and pipe filling into egg whites. Top with diced avocado and chives.
- Sprinkle remaining taco seasoning over eggs. Refrigerate before serving.