Marinated Beef Skewers
The garlicky, nutty flavor of the marinade lends a unique taste to these beef appetizers.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 2 hours 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2½ lbs. sirloin beef
- ½ cup walnuts
- ¼ cup roasted garlic paste
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup dry red wine
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- Thinly slice and skewer the beef. Place the skewers in a single layer in a baking dish large enough for the skewers to lie flat.
- In a blender, finely grind the walnuts, then add the garlic paste, oil, wine, and black pepper. Blend completely, and pour over the beef skewers in the dish, making sure to coat all the beef completely. Marinate the beef in the refrigerator no longer than 2 hours (the acid in the wine will cook the meat if left in too long).
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Roast the skewers for 10 minutes. Serve hot.