Marinated Ginger Chicken
Serve with a fresh green vegetable for an easy summer meal.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 4 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 lbs. chicken drumsticks
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp. fresh grated ginger
- 1 tsp. onion salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. garlic powder
- Place chicken in a shallow baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, oil, soy sauce, ginger, onion salt, and garlic powder. Pour over the chicken. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours, turning occasionally.
- Preheat broiler.
- Remove chicken from marinade and broil for about 20 minutes, basting frequently with the marinade, and turning after 10 minutes. Cook until the meat is no longer pink and the juices run clear.