Marinated Kale and Avocado Salad
This delicious salad uses wilted and marinated kale, and it has a good balance of flavors to stimulate the taste buds. You can buy dulse flakes at some supermarkets, health food stores, and online.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cups kale
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1½ cups avocado, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. dulse flakes
- Peel the stems off the kale leaves. Roll the leaves and chop into small pieces.
- Place the chopped kale into a large bowl and sprinkle with salt. Massage the salt into the kale by hand and let it sit for 10 minutes so the kale will become soft and wilt.
- Pour the lemon juice onto the kale and let it marinate for a few minutes. The acidic lemon juice will further wilt the kale.
- Pour the olive oil and soy sauce onto the kale and mix well.
- Top the kale with avocado, chopped cherry tomatoes, and dulse flakes.