DIY antipasto mushrooms are easy when you whip them up with this quick pickling trick. Enjoy as a quick snack or serve on your next party platter, cheese board or charcuterie tray.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 8 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. salt
- 8 oz cremini or baby bella mushrooms
- 3⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp. mustard seed
- 1 tsp. peppercorn
- In a large bowl, sprinkle mushrooms with salt. Allow to sit for 30 minutes.
- Rinse mushrooms under water and transfer to a 1-quart mason jar.
- In a medium saucepan, combine vinegar, water, garlic, mustard seeds, and peppercorn. Cook over high heat just until salt dissolves. Pour over mushrooms. Place lid on jar and refrigerate overnight. Enjoy within one week.