Marinated Portobello Mushrooms
Portobello mushrooms have such a meaty flavor that they can be used in place of meat in many recipes. They will boost your fiber, protein, and B vitamin intake. They also give you a nice dose of the antioxidants vitamin C and selenium. Free radicals beware! You can also include minced fresh herbs such as oregano and marjoram in the marinade for more flavor.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 3 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 portobello mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp. chopped rosemary
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
- Remove the stems from the caps of the mushrooms and scrape out the black membrane. Slice the stems in half.
- Mix together the remaining Ingredients. Combine the caps and stems with the marinade in a plastic container; marinate for at least 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Roast the mushrooms for 15 to 20 minutes on oven rack. Cut the caps into small wedges and serve.