Marinated Roasted Peppers and Eggplant
You can use zucchini or yellow squash in place of eggplant. Other herb choices for the marinade include basil, thyme, or savory. Use marinated vegetables on top of tossed salads or with grilled London broil.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 1 hour 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. red and yellow bell peppers
- 1 large eggplant, sliced into ¼" thick rounds
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- ¼ tsp. dried chili pepper flakes
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- Preheat broiler. Place peppers on a baking sheet and broil about 2 inches from the heat, turning the pepper every 5 minutes. Total broiling time will be about 15 to 20 minutes, or until the skins are blistered and charred. Cut each pepper in half, remove seeds, and set aside.
- Brush eggplant slices with 2 tablespoons olive oil; place on baking sheet under broiler. Broil on both sides for about 5 minutes each, until softened. Place in a large covered container. Add roasted peppers to container.
- Prepare marinade by whisking together balsamic vinegar, 2 tablespoons olive oil, chopped onion, oregano, and pepper; pour over vegetables. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.