Marinated Spicy Beef and Baby Spinach
Save to My Recipes
After you have marinated the beef, the dish takes but a few minutes to cook. Serve with gluten-free soy sauce and chopped scallions on the side and slices of lemon or lime.
Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 2 hours 20 minutes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. plus 2 tsp. sugar, divided
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 4 Tbsp. canola oil, divided
- 1½ lbs. filet mignon, trimmed and cut into ½" slices
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach, stems removed
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- In a large bowl or glass baking dish, mix together the garlic, 2 tablespoons sugar, salt, pepper flakes, and 2 tablespoons oil. Add the slices of filet mignon, turning to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- In a small bowl, mix together the wine, vinegar, 2 teaspoons sugar, and fish sauce; set aside.
- Heat a large nonstick pan over very high heat and add 2 tablespoons oil. Quickly sauté the filet mignon slices until browned on both sides, about 2 minutes per side. Arrange the meat over a bed of spinach.
- Add the wine mixture and butter to the pan and deglaze, reducing quickly. Pour over the spinach and meat.