Marinated Vegetable Salad
This simple salad requires little preparation and has a (comparatively) short marinating time. It makes a nice salad, or you could serve it as a side dish in place of cooked vegetables or over cooked pasta.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 1 hour 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 medium cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped into chunks
- ½ red onion, peeled, sliced
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, chopped basil, salt, and pepper.
- Place the vegetables in a salad bowl and gently toss with the vinegar dressing.
- Cover the salad and chill for 1 hour. Stir again gently before serving.