This garlicky zucchini makes a nice accompaniment to grilled meats. It keeps well in the refrigerator, and is delicious on sandwiches or with pasta.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 8 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¾ cup olive oil, divided
- 4 large zucchinis, sliced diagonally into thin slices
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. vinegar
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Heat 4 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet. Add the zucchini slices and the garlic and cook until zucchini is lightly browned about 3–4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Place zucchini slices in a bowl, add remaining ingredients, and mix well.
- Store zucchini in a small enough container so that it is completely covered in olive oil. Refrigerate overnight before serving.