Martha Washington Candy
This is a popular candy seen all over the South, and it’s delicious! If you can’t find paraffin, melt dipping chocolate or almond bark and dip the chilled candies in that.
Serves: 48Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 lbs. confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups sweetened coconut flakes
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups chopped pecans
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 oz. paraffin wax
- Combine confectioners’ sugar, condensed milk, vanilla, coconut flakes, butter, and pecans in a medium bowl. Blend well and shape into 1-inch balls. Chill in the refrigerator thoroughly, until hardened.
- In the top of a double boiler over simmering water, melt chocolate chips with wax. Using a wooden skewer or toothpick, dip candy in chocolate mixture, coating thoroughly; let cool.
- Store candy in airtight containers in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.