Maryland Crab Cakes
The crab flavor and spices are dominant in these cakes. Serve these cakes with classic tartar sauce and lemon wedges.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp. mustard
- 1 Tbsp. Old Bay seasoning
- 1 lb. lump crabmeat, shells and cartilage removed
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup tartar sauce
- 1 medium lemon, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 400°F and place a skillet on a rack in the middle.
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, egg, mustard, and seasoning. Once the egg is completely incorporated, gently stir in the crabmeat. Be careful not to break up the lumps.
- Divide the mixture into four even pieces. Form each piece into a patty.
- Add the oil to the skillet and add the patties. Bake the patties for 12 minutes and flip. Bake for 5 to 8 minutes on the second side. Remove immediately from the skillet and let sit for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with tarter sauce and lemon wedges.