Maryland Crab Cakes
The crab flavor and spices are dominant in these cakes. Serve these cakes with classic tartar sauce and lemon wedges.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp. mustard
- 1 Tbsp. Old Bay seasoning
- 1 lb. lump crabmeat, shells and cartilage removed
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- ¼ cup tartar sauce
- 1 medium lemon, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 400°F and place a skillet on a rack in the middle.
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, egg, mustard, and seasoning. Once the egg is completely incorporated, gently stir in the crabmeat. Be careful not to break up the lumps.
- Divide the mixture into four even pieces. Form each piece into a patty.
- Add the oil to the skillet and add the patties. Bake the patties for 12 minutes and flip. Bake for 5–8 minutes on the second side. Remove immediately from the skillet and let sit for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with tarter sauce and lemon wedges.