Maryland-Style Crab Cakes with Country Ham
The addition of country ham balances the sweetness of the crabmeat.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. gluten-free Dijon-style mustard
- 1 tsp. gluten-free Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup gluten-free cornbread crumbs, divided
- 1¼ lbs. lump blue crabmeat
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 4 lemon wedges
- In a large bowl, mix the mayonnaise, eggs, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper flakes, and lemon juice. Stir until well mixed.
- Add half the cornbread crumbs and gently toss in the crabmeat. Form 8 cakes and coat with more cornbread crumbs.
- Over medium heat, bring the oil to 300°F. Fry the cakes, turning after 5 minutes, until golden brown. Serve with lemon wedges.