Masa de Puerco Fritas (Fried Pork)
Cubed pork soaks up bright flavors of orange, lime and garlic in an easy homemade mojo marinade. Try serving the fried pork with arroz congri for a delicious and traditional Cuban dish.
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 12 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt, divided
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons black pepper, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 1⁄2 pounds pork loin, cut into 1” cubes
- 1 cup water
- In large bowl, combine orange juice, lime juice, garlic, onion, cilantro, oregano, cumin, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, olive oil and pork; let marinate in refrigerator at least 3 hours.
- In Instant Pot, combine pork mixture and 1 cup water. Set manual pressure for 10 minutes, allowing an additional 10 minutes for pressure to build.
- Once pork is done, quick release pressure. Carefully remove lid and strain all but ¼ cup cooking liquid. Turn Instant Pot to saute; add ½ cup olive oil to mixture.
- Sauté pork until liquid cooks off and pork begins to fry. Continue cooking until pork is golden brown and crispy, approximately 10 minutes.