Mascarpone Cannoli Cheesecake
A dreamy mix of mascarpone and ricotta cheese recreate the Italian classic — only this time it’s over a sweet and crumbly graham cracker crust.
Serves: 12Prep: 5 hours 20 minutesCook: 58 minutesTotal: 6 hours 18 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3⁄4 cup plus 1 Tbsp. sugar, divided
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 16 ounces (2 blocks) cream cheese, room temperature
- 8 ounces (1 container) mascarpone, room temperature
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup mini or regular size chocolate chips
- Whipped topping, optional
- Cherries, optional
- Preheat oven to 275°F.
- To make crust, place graham cracker crumbs and 1 tablespoon sugar into food processor or mixing bowl; process or stir briefly to combine.
- If using processor, drizzle in butter while processor is running. Scrape down bowl, then process 10 more seconds. If hand mixing, drizzle in butter and stir until combined. Press mixture firmly into bottom of 9” spring form pan. Bake 8 minutes. Let cool.
- To make cheesecake, use stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment or hand mixer to beat together cream cheese, mascarpone and ¾ cup sugar until very fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes, scraping down bowl as needed. Add eggs, one at a time, incorporating fully after each addition. Using a rubber spatula, stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter over crust. Bake 50 minutes, until just set at edges but still wobbly at center. Let cheesecake cool on counter 1 hour, then chill in refrigerator at least 4 hours or up to overnight.
- Before serving, run thin knife around edge of pan to help release cheesecake. Top with whipped topping and cherries, if desired. Serve chilled, refrigerating any leftovers.