Mascarpone Pear Toasts
These tasty mascarpone toasts create a great appetizer to serve before a holiday meal. They’re light, sweet and perfectly savory.
Serves: 14Prep: 10 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 12 oz. baguette, sliced ¼” thick
- 3 tablespoons Kroger® Olive Oil
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) Del Monte® Sliced Pears No Sugar Added
- 1⁄2 cup candied pecans, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh sage, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place the sliced baguette on a baking sheet and brush each slice with olive oil. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until golden and crisp.
- Smear about ½ tablespoon onto each slice and top with a pear, a sprinkle of pecan, and a sprinkle of sage.
- Serve and refrigerate leftovers.