Mashed Avocado Green Goddess Finger Sandwiches
Love little bites of savory sandwiches with minimal prep and lots of nutrition? This particular recipe is great for vegans and vegetarians. In addition, you can use gluten-free sliced bread for those with gluten intolerance. Variations galore!
Serves: 8Prep: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutes
- 2 large ripe avocados, peeled and diced
- 4 tablespoons fresh herbs, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Simple Truth Organic™ Tahini Pure Ground Sesame Seed
- Pinch sea salt, to taste
- 8 pieces whole grain sandwich bread, crusts removed
- 1⁄2 medium cucumber, thinly sliced (16 slices)
- 1 carton of sprouts
- Add all of the ingredients for the mashed avocado to a mixing bowl and use a fork to mash everything together to desired texture.
- Cut the crusts off of 8 slices of whole grain bread (or bread of choice) and chop each slice into 4 equally-sized squares.
- Make finger sandwiches by spreading 1-2 tablespoons of the mashed avocado mixture on half of the bread squares. Top with one slice of cucumber and sprouts, and place the remaining slices of bread on top. Serve and enjoy!