Mashed Cauliflower with Keto Gravy
This easy mashed cauliflower recipe has a creamy and smooth taste, while still remaining light.
Serves: 4Prep: 30 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 5 cups cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 cup and 2 Tbsp. Kroger® Heavy Whipping Cream, divided
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 8 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pepper, divided
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan, shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add the cauliflower, making sure that the water is completely covering the cauliflower. Boil for 15 minutes until tender. Drain the water and place the cauliflower in a food processor.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine ½ cup of cream, broth, and 4 tablespoons of butter. Bring to a boil, then reduce and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Add the xanthan gum and 1 teaspoon pepper. Stir until the gravy thickens and reduces down to desired consistency. Then set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt 4 tablespoons of butter, then add the garlic and rosemary. Cook until fragrant.
- Add the rosemary-butter mixture to the processor and pulse until well combined.
- Add 2 tablespoons cream, parmesan, salt, and pepper to processor and process until smooth and creamy.
- Place in a serving bowl and serve with the gravy.
- Refrigerate leftovers.