Mashed Cauliflower with Parmesan and Chive
Slow-cooked cauliflower is hearty and creamy. And combined with fresh chives and Parmesan cheese, it makes a succulent side dish.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 4 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. ground white pepper
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. chives
- Remove stalk from cauliflower and roughly chop the florets. Place in a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker. Add broth, water, bay leaves, salt, and pepper. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Remove cauliflower with a slotted spoon and place in a large bowl. Reserve cooking liquid and discard bay leaves.
- Mash cauliflower with olive oil and cheese. If the mixture is too dry, add reserved cooking liquid by the tablespoon until it reaches desired consistency. Garnish with chives and serve immediately.