Mashed Garlic Yuca
If you like mashed potatoes, you’ll enjoy this creamy mashed yuca, seasoned with fresh roasted garlic!
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 35 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 bulb garlic
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds yuca, peeled and cut
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 8 ounces heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Using a sharp knife, cut off the top ¼ of the head of garlic. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and wrap in aluminum foil. Roast 30 to 35 minutes, until garlic is soft and golden.
- In medium saucepan over high heat, cover yuca with water; boil 25 to 30 minutes. Drain well.
- Mix in butter, ¼ cup of roasted garlic, cream and salt. Remove from heat; mash.