If you want to add a little variety and raise the nutrient content of this side dish, opt for two pounds of parsnips and two pounds of turnips and mix the two together.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 lbs. parsnips, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup. chicken broth
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. chives
- Put parsnips in a large stockpot with just enough water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat and then reduce heat to low and simmer until parsnips are soft, about 20 minutes. Drain.
- Put parsnips in a food processor with broth, salt, and pepper and process until smooth.
- Top with chives. Serve immediately.