Mashed Potatoes and Cauliflower
This recipe combines potatoes and cauliflower for the same great flavor and texture as traditional mashed potatoes, but with a wider variety of vitamins and nutrients from two vegetables instead of just one!
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. Idaho potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 lb. cauliflower florets
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. ground white pepper
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 Tbsp. chopped scallions
- In a large pot over medium heat, bring the potato cubes to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower to the pot and simmer for an additional 10 minutes, or until the cauliflower is fork tender.
- Remove the pot from the heat, drain, and move the potatoes and cauliflower to a large serving bowl. Season with the garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Mash or beat the potatoes and cauliflower, adding the almond milk, 1⁄4 cup at a time, until desired texture is achieved.
- Sprinkle the scallions over top and serve hot.