Mashed Sweet Potato Heaven
Sweet potatoes don’t have to be served with crunchy or candy toppings to be delicious. This is a tasty, and very nutritious, alternative to the traditional serving of buttered mashed potatoes. If you like sweet potatoes, you’ll love this side!
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 Tbsp. maple syrup, divided
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 1⁄4 tsp. nutmeg, divided
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk
- In a large pot over medium heat, bring the sweet potatoes to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer until fork-tender, about 30 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes from the heat, drain, and return to the pot.
- Add 2 tablespoons maple syrup, cinnamon, and 1 teaspoon nutmeg to the sweet potatoes. Mash or beat until smooth, adding the almond milk 1⁄4 cup at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- Pour the sweet potatoes into a serving dish, and sprinkle lightly with remaining nutmeg.
- Serve hot, with remaining maple syrup for drizzling.