Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Pecans and Coconut
This decadent holiday side dish is quick and easy to make.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cans (15 oz.) sweet potatoes, drained and mashed
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground white pepper
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a medium baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside. Spread mashed sweet potatoes over bottom of pan.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, heat butter, vanilla, salt, and pepper. Pour butter mixture over sweet potatoes and stir to combine.
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, melt coconut oil. Add shredded coconut and pecans; cook and stir until coconut and pecans are toasted, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in brown sugar. Spoon over mashed potato mixture in baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until topping is crisp and golden brown.