Matcha Coconut Ice Cream
No need for an ice cream maker with this delicious recipe. It’s refreshing and a lighter way to get your ice cream fix.
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 6 hoursTotal: 6 hours 10 minutes
- 2 cans (15 oz.) full fat unsweetened coconut milk, refrigerated overnight, reserve ¼ cup liquid
- 3 tablespoons Simple Truth Organic™ Maple Syrup
- 1 tablespoon matcha powder
- 2 teaspoons Kroger® Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks
- In a medium bowl, place the cream from the coconut milk, ¼ cup reserved liquid, maple syrup, matcha powder and vanilla. Using an electric mixer, mix until thoroughly combined.
- Fold in chocolate chunks.
- Place mixture in a gallon size zipper storage bag. Cut one corner long enough for chunks to go through opening. Pipe into 4 individual custard cups.
- Place in the freezer for 6-8 hours, until fully frozen.
- Allow to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Serve and freeze leftovers.