Frozen, ready-to-heat meatballs make this dish a quick fix. To make it child friendly, substitute sweet bell pepper for the jalapeños.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 jalapeño peppers, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- 2 cans (15 oz.) diced tomatoes
- ½ cup water
- 24 prepared meatballs
- In a large, heavy saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat; add onion, peppers, and garlic. Sauté 5 minutes, or until onion begins to turn translucent.
- Sprinkle curry powder over onion mixture; stir well. Add tomatoes, water, and meatballs. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium.
- Stir to coat meatballs with sauce. Cover; simmer 15 minutes, or until meatballs are heated through.