Meatball Marinara Sandwiches
Make extra meatballs and freeze them for a quick meal later. Take a cue from the sub shop—put assembled sandwiches under the broiler for a minute or two to get them golden and toasty.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 3 Tbsp. milk
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 jar (14 oz.) pasta sauce
- 4 large sub rolls
- 1 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- In large bowl, combine beef, breadcrumbs, milk, egg, salt, and pepper and mix gently but thoroughly. Form into 24 meatballs and place on baking sheet. Bake at 350°F for 20 to 30 minutes, until meatballs are thoroughly cooked. Transfer meatballs to a large saucepan.
- Add sauce to saucepan and heat over medium heat 10 minutes until sauce bubbles.
- Toast sliced sub rolls under broiler. Place meatballs and sauce on each toasted roll and top with cheese.