Meatball Sub Casserole
Making individual meatball subs is a chore and takes you away from the party. Make this casserole instead. Everyone will love it, and you will love how easy it is!
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 24 oz. fully-cooked frozen Italian style meatballs, thawed
- 1 jar (25 oz.) marinara sauce
- 2 cans (11 oz.) refrigerated pizza crust dough, divided
- 2 cups Italian five-cheese blend
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F and spray a 9" x 13" baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine meatballs and marinara sauce. Set aside.
- Place one can of thin crust pizza dough into bottom of the prepared baking dish, working dough up the side. Spoon in meatballs and sauce, making sure meatballs are evenly distributed then top with Italian cheese blend. Cover top of casserole with second pizza crust, tucking crust into the dish. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over top.
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until the casserole is deep golden brown. If crust is getting too dark, loosely cover with aluminum foil. Cool 10 minutes before serving.