To keep dinner interesting, try mixing and matching your favorite cuisines! In this recipe, Tex-Mex taquitos get an Italian-inspired flavor makeover, thanks to mozzarella, meatballs and marinara.
Serves: 4Prep: 5 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 fajita size flour tortillas
- 6 slices mozzarella cheese, cut in half
- 1 package (14 oz.) Kroger Brand Flame Broiled Italian Style Meatballs
- Oil, for cooking
- 1⁄2 cup marinara sauce, heated
- Place meatballs in microwave safe bowl; cover with damp paper towel. Microwave 3 to 4 minutes to thaw and warm. Cut meatballs in half.
- Along center of each tortilla, place 3 halves mozzarella cheese. Top with 6 meatball halves. Roll tortillas tightly around filling, leaving ends open.
- In large skillet over medium heat, heat enough oil to coat bottom of pan. In hot oil, arrange rolled tortillas seam-side down.
- Cook 4 to 6 minutes, turning occasionally, until roll-ups are golden brown.
- Serve taquitos with marinara sauce.
- Refrigerate leftovers.