Meatballs with Arugula Soup
This soup is a deliciously textured combination, and simple to prepare!
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 40 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 24 fully cooked Kroger Italian Turkey Meatballs
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 medium yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 2 1⁄2 cups arugula, chopped
- 8 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- Cooked white rice, for serving
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in an 8-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Add sliced garlic and onions; cook until lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Add arugula; cook until wilted, about 6 minutes. Add stock; bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add meatballs; cook until meatballs are heated through, about 20 minutes (ensure internal temperature of meatballs exceeds 165° F).
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve over rice; top with Parmesan and black pepper. Refrigerate any leftovers.