Meatballs with Yogurt-Dill Dipping Sauce
For your next get-together, serve these juicy and well-seasoned meatballs paired with a creamy yogurt and herb dip.
Serves: 24Prep: 20 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 pound Simple Truth Organic™ Grass Fed Ground Beef 85% Lean
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- 1⁄4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. breadcrumbs
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons fresh Simple Truth Organic™ Mint, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup fresh Simple Truth Organic™ Dill Weed leaves, chopped, divided
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic, divided
- Salt, to taste
- 1 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Plain Lowfat Yogurt
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the broiler.
- Spray a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the beef with the onion, breadcrumbs, eggs, mint, lemon juice, cinnamon, 1 tablespoon of the dill, half of the garlic and salt; knead until combined. Form the mixture into 1¼” meatballs.
- Arrange the meatballs on the baking sheet and broil as close to the heat as possible for 6 minutes, turning the pan halfway through, until firm and lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the yogurt with the remaining 3 tablespoons of dill and 2 teaspoons of garlic; whisk in the milk and season with salt.
- Transfer the meatballs to a plate and serve with the sauce and toothpicks.