Meatless Walking Tacos
Seasoned farro replaces ground beef in this meatless walking taco for a fantastic and fun meal any night of the week!
Serves: 4Prep: 5 minutesCook: 40 minutesTotal: 45 minutes
- 1 cup farro
- 3 cups water
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chili powder (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Kroger® Taco Sauce, mild, plus more for serving
- 4 bags corn chips
- 2 cups iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup Kroger® Non-Fat Greek Yogurt, plain
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- 1 cup Kroger® Reduced Fat 2% Milk Mexican 4 Cheese Blend
- Rinse and drain the farro. Add farro and water to a medium saucepan set over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until farro is tender. Drain off any excess liquid.
- Stir in chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, garlic powder, coriander, chipotle chili powder and taco sauce. Test for seasonings and adjust for salt.
- Open bags of chips at the top or lay them flat and cut open the front with scissors and place on plates. Top each bag of corn chips with farro, lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, yogurt and red onion. Drizzle with more taco sauce if desired.