Meatloaf with Ginger Tomato Sauce
This turkey meatloaf is full of hearty and healthy vegetables and topped with a sweet and spicy topping.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 small carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 small red onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium celery stalk, chopped
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 Tbsp. coconut aminos
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb. ground 92% turkey
- 1⁄4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Process the carrot, onion, and celery in a food processor until finely chopped. Place in a large bowl with the egg, aminos, salt, pepper, and turkey. Work the ingredients until well combined.
- Form the mixture into a 8-by-4-inch loaf on a large, rimmed sheet pan. Bake for 45 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the tomato sauce with the ginger, and brush the meatloaf with the mixture. Bake for an additional 15 minutes, or until a meat thermometer registers 160 to 165°F.