Meaty Baked Omelet
This baked egg dish is similar to a quiche except there is no crust. You can use any mixture of breakfast meats and cheeses here, so feel free to use what you have on hand.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 9 hoursDifficulty: Easy
- 8 oz. cooked breakfast sausage patties, chopped
- 8 strips thick-cut bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup Canadian bacon, chopped
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 5 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup half and half
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 tsp. hot sauce
- Spray a 2-quart baking dish with non-stick cooking spray, then layer in the sausage, bacon, Canadian bacon, and cheese. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine the eggs, half and half, salt, pepper, and hot sauce. Mix well, then pour over the meat and cheese mixture. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Bake the casserole uncovered for 40 minutes or until it is golden brown and puffed all over. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.